Safeguarding & Advice
It is the policy of The Scout Association to safeguard the welfare of all members by protecting them from neglect and from physical, sexual and emotional harm.
We are committed to:
- Taking the interests and well-being of young people into account, in all our considerations and activities.
- Respecting the rights, wishes and feelings of the young people with whom we work.
- Taking all reasonable practicable steps to protect them from neglect, physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
- Promoting the welfare of young people and their protection within a position of trust.
- All adults in Scouting, including members of the Scout Network who wish to work with young people, are responsible for putting this policy into practice at all times.