Tipperary Wood, Newcastle, Co Down
Set at the foot of the Mourne Mountains, this Scout campsite allows scouts from everywhere to enjoy the benefits of Scouting in the surroundings of the County Down countryside.
- Tipperary Wood Campsite,
1st Newcastle Scout Group,
Set at the foot of the Mourne Mountains, this Scout campsite allows scouts from everywhere to enjoy the benefits of Scouting in the surroundings of the County Down countryside. The 2-acre site sits on the banks of the Shimna River and has been developed from an open field site to one which has cooking, shower and toilet facilities together with secure fencing.
Trees enclose the site which is within easy walking distance of the town of Newcastle while also being within walking distance of mountains, forests, beaches and everything you need for a camp or for developing your badge work.
The Tipperary wood site can accommodate approximately 100 campers and the facilities are as follows –
- Toilet block, with 2 x hot and cold showers heated via wood burning stove.
- Kitchen area with double sink and gas hob.
- Internal and external solar powered lighting.
- USB phone charge points
- Under cover dining area with seating for 20
- Large expedition cool box – bring your own ice.
- Open fires allowed.
- The site is charged out at £5 per person per night subject to £50 minimum charge.
- Booking is for the private use of the whole campsite.
- Peter Law
- 7, The Shopping Centre,
- Tel: 02843722512 (10.00am – 5.00pm Tuesday – Saturday. Any enquiries can be made to this number)
Payment in full to be made 4 weeks prior to arrival.
Newcastle is a seaside town set at the foot of the Mountains. The town provides everything you would expect in a holiday resort. Added to this the County Down area is blessed with endless natural beauty and is a great base for a whole range of both outdoor and indoor activities.
From Beachcombing to Hillwalking and Pony Trekking to abseiling and canoeing. Everything you need is quite literally on your doorstep.