As Scouts, we’re always striving to make a positive difference to the world. Over the last one hundred years, the issues we’ve tackled have evolved and changed, but our young people’s drive to make a positive impact remains constant.
Our young people are the optimists, the change-makers and the make-it-happen-ers. We want to empower half a million young people to make a positive impact on the themes that matter to them.
Through A Million Hands, we’ll be working with charity partners to make a difference on the following themes, all selected by young people;
- Protecting the environment supported by WWF
- Ending homelessness supported by Crisis and Simon Community NI
- Supporting refugees and displaced children supported by Save the Children
- Better mental health for all supported by Mind, SAMH and Inspire
- Understanding disability supported by the National Autistic Society
- Fostering kindness in every community supported by the British Red Cross
We’re giving our young people a platform to change their world for the better, but you can start to make your own difference right now! Head to scouts.org.uk/community to learn more about the themes and the charity partners who’ll be supporting us.
We want your support to help us to tell the world about the impact our young people are making every day in every community, they’re the activists for a better world.
By working together on A Million Hands, we can help bring people together, connect communities and live out our promise to leave the world a little better than we found it.
Thank you for all you do to help empower Scouts to make this difference.