Hill Walking Permit Assessment Day
Saturday 21st October 2023
Location – Belfast Hills
Further details will be emailed before the event
An opportunity for Scout Leaders to gain or renew a Permit to be able to take youth members into the Hills.
Booking is essential as places are limited. Once you have successfully booked your place here, you will need to submit the following supporting information to Andrew Stacey via email@example.com.
- A hill walking permit application found at https://www.scoutsni.org/members/activities-scouts-ni/
- A logbook of experience (this should include any lowland or hill walking with scouts or external groups, along with any personal hill walking on your own, or with family, friends, etc.) An example logbook entry can be found on the logbook tab of the permit application spreadsheet. You can use this sheet to record your own logged experience if you don’t have an alternative format with similar detailed information
- A Risk Assessment for taking youth members into the hills
- A kit list for youth members
- If you wish to add lightweight Expedition Camping to your permit, you will need to include your experience in your logbook and additionally submit a menu plan for a 3 day, 2 night expedition. Your kit list should reflect the additional items required for such an expedition.
Any questions should be directed to Andrew Stacey via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. or text or phone on 07710 196949.
Anyone wishing to gain experience, but who do not wish to be assessed should NOT register below, instead simply contact Andrew for options.